Monday, January 31, 2011

Seven Deadly Words

You’ve heard of the seven deadly words haven’t you? You hear them in churches, service clubs, and other organizations. They are uttered when a new idea is suggested, and a decision has to be made. These words are guaranteed to kill new ways of doing things. Here they are (drum roll)

“We have ALWAYS done it that way!”

“We have NEVER done it that way!”

“We tried that once. It didn’t work!”


We also hear some seven deadly words in our day to day life.

Kids (yelling out from the bathroom)
“Mommy do cats know how to swim?”

College Student:
“Is that paper due today or tomorrow?”

Wives (to husband)
“Does this dress make me look fat?”

Husbands (with tools in hand)
“Don’t need help, I can do this.”


Here are some “seven deadly words” that can wound or kill a relationship.
You have to fill in some words in each statement


“I have never forgiven ______ for ________.”

“I will never forgive ____­­­___ for ________.”

“I have never liked ________ because _____”

Here are the seven deadliest words of all,

“I don’t need God, I am just fine.”

Let’s try some other “seven words” that are more healing and life giving.



“Tell me how I can help you.”

“How can I pray for you today?”

“Can you please forgive me for ___________?”

And the best words of all…

We can have eternal life through Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home